Your payout method is the Venmo or bank account where we send your Pavemint earnings. You usually set this up when you create your first listing. If you created a listing but do not see a payout method listed within the Wallet section of your account, or your listing is not showing up in search results, it’s possible that your payout method was rejected.
Here are a couple of potential reasons why your payout method has been rejected:
1. An incorrect or incomplete first and/or last name: if you’re concerned about protecting your identity, know that we are too! The Pavemint platform is set up so that other Pavers will only be able to see your first name and last initial (for example, Zoe P).
2. An incorrect birthdate: in addition to your name, your birthday is another important form of information used to confirm your identity. It also confirms that you’re old enough to operate as a Pavemint Host. This is another piece of information that will always remain private.
3. If you’ve recently been the victim of any kind of identity theft, your account was likely flagged by our banking partners. We can still help you get set up, but there may be a few extra steps necessary to make sure it’s really you setting up the payout method and not someone pretending to be you!
How to fix the problem:
1. Go to your Profile and make sure your full name and birthdate are correct.
2. Add a new payout method here. Are your mailing address and listing address at two different places? This could also be the reason your payout failed. When setting up your payout method, make sure to enter your mailing address.
If the above steps are successful, you’ll see a payout method listed under “Payout Methods” in your account. If these steps don’t resolve the issue, don’t worry. We’ll get it sorted out! Simply reach out to Customer Care and we’ll look into it. In some cases, our banking partners may require that we collect a copy of your photo ID and a utility bill to help them confirm your identity. You can get a jump-start on this by snapping a shot of each and submitting them to Customer Care when you reach out.
Please refer to our Terms & Conditions for comprehensive information on our payout system.